Wednesday, December 21, 2011

delusions of a mental health day

Today is my day off, theoretically.  It is the day that my partner in educational crime over at Joyful Liberation takes my Beach to do things with her I can’t.  Complicated things like arts & crafts & Girl Scout Songs. 

I should be hiking but I don’t have time- today is only a half day off because at 3 we ski!!!
I should be running but the air sucks!  Okay it doesn’t suck it tastes bad I tried it earlier & stopped running at mouthful, I mean mile 3.
I should be writing but my head is dead silent.

I could read but I don’t want to.
I could soak but I don’t want to do that either.

So I have an idea.  Last night I made an orange-cornmeal cake.  Holy cow good!  I think I’m going make me another & while it is baking tackle some jump squats with Jillian.  When the cake cools I am going walk it to this little family that lives in the rundown apartments at the top of my street & give it to them for no reason at all.

I should be and could be a whole lot of things today but sometimes you just have to stop & listen to your heart.  Mine says: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

I suppose I just need to feel a little bit loved today. 
And in case you feel like you need a little slice of love too here is the link to the recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment