Wednesday, November 9, 2011

we have been here before

On Tuesday everything I offered for Beach to do she rejected but each time her response to me was "I want to learn but I don't want to do that."  Finally frustrated I explained to her what I was trying to do with our day, "You are ready to move on in a lot of subjects all at once, ready to learn some new complex things but before we do I wanted to review a few things."
"Well, that is why this isn't working mom, I'm ready to learn not review."

And then I remembered this had happened to us before.  The last time she suddenly leap ahead I had made the same attempt to review Beach had offered the same resistance & voiced the same objections. And at about the same time I was remember I looked down to see this lovely flower. 
Thanks for the road sign kid.  Review has it place but not here where I am trying to put it in as a speed bump.  And I'm not going to ask you to prove to me you can follow basic patterns when you have given me such proof of your ability to bloom all by yourself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment