Thursday, February 2, 2012

oh the toe

Some days being Beach's mom is easier than others. I really think (long story short) she has a stress fracture somewhere in the big toe (& has for about 3 weeks) but getting medical info from Beach relating to pain is like trying to milk a cat. 

As far as I can tell it doesn't hurt unless you count feeling "stuffed like that two headed lamb in the museum" when she isn't on it but when she "kicks it against the beam" or lands split jumps then it hurts "like hitting your funny bone". 
"Bad enough to cry about?" I ask. 
Honest to god answer: "What does that mean?"
She cannot confirm or deny if it is comparable to cracking open her head but gave getting staples a 9 on the 1-10 scale then retracted that statement "actually more like an 8, or a 7 & 3/4."  "If you crumple it (the toe) up & stand on it with all your body weight (wait, do what?!?! wth?) it is a 7, if I'm having fun doing back handsprings then it only hurts when I am in line that is an 8 or more like half an 8..."

Okay like I said I think something is halfway broken, but what or how serious it is, I have no idea.  The solution is tape it at practice and stop letting her listen to political banter on NPR.

No comments:

Post a Comment